Search

Download I Sing the Body Electric! & Other Stories Books Online Free

Point About Books I Sing the Body Electric! & Other Stories

Title:I Sing the Body Electric! & Other Stories
Author:Ray Bradbury
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 336 pages
Published:May 1st 1998 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published August 1969)
Categories:Science Fiction. Short Stories. Fiction. Fantasy. Classics
Download I Sing the Body Electric! & Other Stories  Books Online Free
I Sing the Body Electric! & Other Stories Paperback | Pages: 336 pages
Rating: 4.06 | 11009 Users | 355 Reviews

Chronicle Conducive To Books I Sing the Body Electric! & Other Stories

The mind of Ray Bradbury is a wonder-filled carnival of delight and terror that stretches from the verdant Irish countryside to the coldest reaches of outer space. Yet all his work is united by one common thread: a vivid and profound understanding of the vast set of emotions that bring strength and mythic resonance to our frail species. Ray Bradbury characters may find themselves anywhere and anywhen. A horrified mother may give birth to a strange blue pyramid. A man may take Abraham Lincoln out of the grave—and meet another who puts him back. An amazing Electrical Grandmother may come to live with a grieving family. An old parrot may have learned over long evenings to imitate the voice of Ernest Hemingway, and became the last link to the great man. A priest on Mars may confront his fondest dream: to meet the Messiah. Each of these magnificent creations has something to tell us about our humanity—and all of their fates await you in this new trade edition of twenty-eight classic Bradbury stories and one luscious poem. Travel on an unpredictable and unforgettable literary journey—safe in the hands of one of the century's great men of imagination.

Itemize Books Supposing I Sing the Body Electric! & Other Stories

Original Title: I Sing the Body Electric!
ISBN: 0380789620 (ISBN13: 9780380789627)
Edition Language: English


Rating About Books I Sing the Body Electric! & Other Stories
Ratings: 4.06 From 11009 Users | 355 Reviews

Appraise About Books I Sing the Body Electric! & Other Stories
A really good collection of short stories. I think my favorite is Tomorrow's Child for all its quirkiness.

Its a good thing Im writing this review months after reading this book because a decent acid test for a short story collection is how many stories stick in your mind after youve put some time between reading and reviewing or just plain old remembering.The centerpiece of the book is the title story, which was adapted into a Twilight Zone episode and a made for TV movie starring that kid from E.T. whose name wasnt Elliot: A dad buys a robot grandma to take care of his three children after his wife

The stories in this collection are hit and miss, more misses for me than hits... Bradbury was always a weird writer for me. Here, I either understood everything he said in a story, or was so baffled that I had to skip a story because I just couldn't put the words together to a narrative I can actually grasp. I did love couple of the stories, like "The Terrible Conflagration Up at the Place", "Night Call, Collect" and "Punishment Without Crime". The title story is also quite decent.

Once upon a time I seemed to be involved in a regular Golden Age science fiction orgy. Bradbury, Asimov, Arthur C Clarke, Theodore Sturgeon, Robert Silverberg....the lot. That took me from pre-teens all the way through college. I still read SF, but not in the quantities that I did. It's a shame, really, I had forgotten how much I really loved Ray Bradbury. Digging into this short story collection for my Birth Year Challenge was absolutely delightful. I got to enjoy the title story all over again

In some random article, I once read the phrase "as lonely as a Bradbury protagonist," and after reading this, I couldn't echo that sentiment more. "I Sing the Body..." is a collection of twenty-eight stories that conceptually fall all over the fictional map. There's bi-dimensional babies, Martian messiahs, present-day apparitions of literary and historical figures, and robots in every shape and form. These stories explore what it is to be human, lonely, afraid, excited, and hopeful. In their

I read this as a teen. And now that I've re-read, I'm thinking about the things I missed when I was young, the nuance and the subtext...must reread everything! Anyway, this is probably his most literary collection of stores. It was published in 1969 but some of the stories are older than that, but this is really a timeless set of fictional parables, poems and ruminations. I would still tell any teenager to read it and fall into its worlds.I was lucky enough to see Ray Bradbury and Ray

I haven't read Ray Bradbury since high school so I was pleasantly surprised. This was far more optimistic and almost celebratory than I expected. Having checked out the Walt Whitman poem that he drew inspiration from I can definitely see the ties. Overall an enjoyable read.

Post a Comment

0 Comments