Download Out of Africa  Books For Free
Out of Africa Hardcover | Pages: 399 pages
Rating: 3.96 | 32016 Users | 1846 Reviews

List Out Of Books Out of Africa

Title:Out of Africa
Author:Isak Dinesen
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 399 pages
Published:1992 by Modern Library (first published 1937)
Categories:Nonfiction. Cultural. Africa. Classics. Autobiography. Memoir. Biography

Relation Conducive To Books Out of Africa

Out of Africa is Isak Dinesen's memoir of her years in Africa, from 1914 to 1931, on a four-thousand-acre coffee plantation in the hills near Nairobi. She had come to Kenya from Denmark with her husband, and when they separated she stayed on to manage the farm by herself, visited frequently by her lover, the big-game hunter Denys Finch-Hatton, for whom she would make up stories "like Scheherazade." In Africa, "I learned how to tell tales," she recalled many years later. "The natives have an ear still. I told stories constantly to them, all kinds." Her account of her African adventures, written after she had lost her beloved farm and returned to Denmark, is that of a master storyteller, a woman whom John Updike called "one of the most picturesque and flamboyant literary personalities of the century."

Particularize Books As Out of Africa

Original Title: Out of Africa
ISBN: 0679600213 (ISBN13: 9780679600213)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Gustav Mohr, Isak Dinesen
Setting: Africa Nairobi(Kenya) Kenya

Rating Out Of Books Out of Africa
Ratings: 3.96 From 32016 Users | 1846 Reviews

Evaluate Out Of Books Out of Africa
Ok, I'll admit it. I really didn't love this book. I didn't even finish it. I am adding it as read because I read more than half of it and I should get something out of it since I won't be getting my time wasted back. I'm sure you are supposed to read this for the lovely descriptions of Africa (and it does sound quite lovely) but if I had to read another comparison of a native to an animal I thought I was going to scream. There was zero story line. It was just not something that I could

Up in this air you breathed easily, drawing in a vital assurance and lightness of heart. In the highlands you woke up in the morning and thought: Here I am, where I ought to be. Karen Blixen in 1913. Her whole life was before her.When Karen Blixen married her second cousin Baron Bror Blixen-Finecke in 1914 and followed along as a devoted wife should to help him run a coffee plantation in Kenya, Im sure she had an idea of what her life was to be, but the story of our lives generally deviates

One of the best things about Goodreads is being led quite naturally to the next book to read. I felt drawn to re-visit Out of Africa when a couple of Goodreads friends recently reviewed it with such fervor and beauty.So I found myself rapturously back at the foot of the Ngong hills, 16 km southwest of Nairobi. Published in 1937, Out of Africa is a memoir by Danish author Baroness Karen von Blixen-Finecke (who wrote under the pen name, Isak Dinesen) that recounted 17 years of the life she shared



This book was odd, fascinating, strange, depressing, tedious, poignant, old-fashioned and profound.I've heard so many different things from people as I read this book. A few fellow readers called it racist. Others went on and on about the beauty of the writing. I enjoyed it, but now that I've set the book aside, I feel unsettled. This book encapsulates the receding tide of African culture. Dinesen writes, "It was not I who was going away, I did not have it in my power to leave Africa, but it was

I chose to read this book in high school as one of those free-reading things for which you later have to give a presentation. This is a book about Africa for white people who want to go on a safari and see the cool animals, which is basically what the author did. I kinda hated Karen Blixen for her condescending attitude towards the "natives" and I felt the whole book was nothing but pretentious, self-aggrandizing bullshit. If I had had any courage, I would have done two things differently for my

Out Of Africa is the poignant memoir of Karen Blixen, a Danish woman, who lived on a coffee farm in Kenya for many years. It is not a strict chronological biography, more a rambling series of memories. Beautifully written, it portrays a life among the native peoples, wild vistas and animals. This one will stay with you for a long while. Recommended.