Identify Books To The Rules of Attraction

Original Title: The Rules of Attraction
ISBN: 067978148X (ISBN13: 9780679781486)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Patrick Bateman, Sean Bateman, Lauren Hynde, Paul Denton, Victor Johnson
Setting: United States of America
Free The Rules of Attraction Books Online Download
The Rules of Attraction Paperback | Pages: 283 pages
Rating: 3.69 | 39116 Users | 1310 Reviews

Declare Based On Books The Rules of Attraction

Title:The Rules of Attraction
Author:Bret Easton Ellis
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 283 pages
Published:June 30th 1998 by Vintage Contemporaries (first published September 1987)
Categories:Fiction. Contemporary. Novels. LGBT. Literature. American. Thriller

Narrative Toward Books The Rules of Attraction

Set at a small affluent liberal-arts college in New England eighties, The Rules of Attraction is a startlingly funny, kaleidoscopic novel about three students with no plans for the future—or even the present—who become entangled in a curious romantic triangle. Bret Easton Ellis trains his incisive gaze on the kids at self-consciously bohemian Camden College and treats their sexual posturings and agonies with a mixture of acrid hilarity and compassion while exposing the moral vacuum at the center of their lives. The Rules of Attraction is a poignant, hilarious take on the death of romance.

Rating Based On Books The Rules of Attraction
Ratings: 3.69 From 39116 Users | 1310 Reviews

Write-Up Based On Books The Rules of Attraction
This was my introduction into the world of Bret Easton Ellis, and I fell hopelessly in love.I couldn't believe that someone could put together a written work, which not only emanates the characters hyper-sexed-over-zealous-self-conscious-unaware-searching-for-love-not-knowing sadness, but uses language to reinforce its themes. It would seem confusing, but at my first read, it was what I was feeling at that moment (minus the drugs, those came later). Rules of Attraction, at its base, is a novel

I just really love this man's books. Edgy but not sew edgy, dark, creepy, and palate cleansing.His stuff is not for everyone and I can understand that. :)



The following is a true story.I was staying over at the boy's house. We were post-coital and all of a sudden he remembered he had to go to a friend's house and party with him for four hours. I opted to wait for him in his bedroom. This was uncommon because whatever, it was just sex, we didn't wait around for each other. But I was in between places, so I didn't have much of a choice. I went down to the kitchen and found The Rules of Attraction on the stove. I opened it up in the middle while

This is the most depressing, nasty book I've read in a long time. I read it all in one go last night, since I have a hard time not finishing books once I start them, but I couldn't stand the thought of having to come back to it. There may be some literary merit to the book that I can't appreciate it because I'm so repulsed by the characters, but I rather doubt it. The book certainly captures the complete lack of affect and total self-absorption of the characters, as well as the compulsive,

& so I thought that after college this would be less impressionable & a tad less impressive. Boy was I wrong. I am still completely enraptured by this novel in which characters DONT change (breaking 1 of the main cardinal rules of all literatureto make protagonists experience changeEllis is intrepid). The details in this are perfect and absolutely hilarious--80's encapsulated brilliantly. You end up rooting for the sleaziest of antagonistsnobody in Camden deserves redemption and most

Posted at HeradasWhenever Im the mood for fiction about first world problems, unloved rich kids and the fucked up lives they lead, I reach for something by Bret Easton Ellis. I get on a serious kick for this kind of stuff sometimes. Transgressive fiction, Ive heard it called. Maybe its soothing to my soul to think that an abundance of money doesnt necessarily alleviate our problems. Maybe I get a heavy slathering of schadenfreude by reading representations of the most fortunate among us enduring